The National lockdown since 26th March to contain the spread of the Corona virus has many ramifications and affects the way we have lived dramatically. Our social interactions with other people, a blueprint for sustained mental well-being in humans, has been abruptly curtailed. This, together with the ongoing distressing news on the spread of the virus via social media and on TV, as well as worries about the whereabouts and well-being of our loved ones, family and friends, can raise our stress levels and feelings of isolation. It can trigger feelings of anxiety which may result in a deep depression.
There are many simple ways to deal with stress and anxiety during COVID-19 lockdown and thereafter. We have put together a daily programme to assist you with dealing with these uncomfortable feelings and restore your inner peace and well-being. The free 7 Day Mental Kit for Surviving Lockdown is designed to help you through tough times like these. This online course will guide you in taking simple steps to ensure that you stay mentally fit and healthy while at home in lockdown and in the time thereafter.
The following modules are covered in this short course:
Day 1 – Mindfulness
Day 2 – Planning your day - The importance of routines and discipline
Day 3 – Stimulating Creativity in lock-down
Day 4 – Exercise and Lifestyle adaptations
Day 5 – How to cope with anxiety during lock down
Day 6 – Depression and feelings of isolation
Day 7 – Meditation and prayer
After completion of this learning experience, participants should be able to:
- achieve a state of alert, focused relaxation by deliberately paying attention to thoughts and sensations without judgement
- create a daily routine that supports and promotes a sense of purpose and well-being
- maintain mental health during stressful times through the introduction of creative activities
- adapt your lifestyle and physical exercise programme to a confined space to incorporate physical well-being and mental fitness during lockdown
- remain calm and composed in the face of stress
- cope with anxiety during lock down utilising various available modalities and techniques, e.g. music, focussed thought, speaking books, videos
- deal with depression and feelings of isolation during lockdown
- connect to a place of inner peace
Online e-learning education through interactive learning activities, videos, presentations and articles.
The course is designed in such a way that different topics are covered over a seven-day period in order to maintain and improve mental resilience during the lockdown period imposed to combat COVID-19.
Participants will not be assessed but questions will be posed for self-reflection.
Who Should Enroll
Members of the general public wishing to maintain and improve mental health and well-being during the COVID-19 lockdown period.